Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Peace Symbol Bathroom Sets

Roth and human stain red hat


Philip Roth is a genius. And it is the best living American writer.

So I decided to start my review after reading "The Human Stain," published in 1998, in the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal (remember?).
The protagonist, Coleman Silk, is a seventy-year-old Latin teacher Greek makes a silly comment about two students that are not in class. These are black and the joke is taken by his enemies as racist behavior. Silk has to leave the university. And everything changes ...
not want to reveal much of the work. It seems to me essential that the reader discovers the secret Silk gradually, as proposed by Roth. I want to say yes, some characters:
-Faunia, illiterate cleaner with whom Silk has relations. Is a complex character, very interesting. I love how it makes Roth get us into his mind. The concept of The Human Stain is it.
-Delphine Roux. A perfect caricature of French academia. Roth is ruthless with her in a few pages. Of course, recording, and the reader wants to know more.
- Les. Ugh. I never got well into the skin of a soldier in Vietnam, but one who wanted to return. It's scary to think how some people have so aggressively that war is a way to take it out. And how war destroys people.

"The Human Stain" is part of what Roth calls his trilogy on American history of the twentieth century, along with "American Pastoral" and "I Married a Communist." I have not read the first, but "The Human Stain" is better than the second, without hesitation.

"You can not allow large will impose their intolerance, the same way that you can not let the little ones become an us and we will impose its ethics "(page 141).

I said, fundamental and exciting reading. On the issue of race, morality, Puritanism, life. Hook up the point that I finished the book days and little else. I could not let go.


on Roth and his life, you can check the previous blog entry, here .
Maba Thanks to the star! put it here for everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment