Download quarreling, hairless The constable stitched inside a dead horse and Repentance.
These three drawings from the series of disasters of war have appeared at auction at Christie's. Sold in 1877, they were believed lost.
This weekend was the first time in front of some of the drawings of this series, painted during the War of Independence (1808-1813) and some later. Of course I had seen countless times in books, but very impressive to see them natural. The scratching of the pen, the cruelty of what it shows, the scoop of Goya in the history of art: War is dirty, cruel, stark, the worst. There is nothing glorious in the background sound of a fanfare. Take the soul of the worst human being has inside.
This is my favorite (I have not yet seen):
The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters .
I think that this phrase can be applied to painting, life or war. What
0 comments:
Post a Comment