Thankfully!
'Laura', Nabokov's last work, finally see the light
• The son of the writer contradicts his father's will to destroy the unfinished manuscriptthe dilemma was resolved. The last unfinished work of Vladimir Nabokov (1899-1927), Laura , will come after more than 30 years locked in the safe of a bank in Switzerland. This was confirmed by his son, Dmitri Nabokov, the German weekly Der Spiegel from his winter home in Palm Beach.
"I'ma loyal son and I have thought about it for a long time. Until one day I saw my father before me, saying with a wry grin: You're in big trouble so I publish it," says the son of 73 years in the German weekly print edition. But this last statement is contradicted by the last wish of his father.
The author of classics such as Lolita Laura began writing in 1974 but never finished. Before he died, in 1977, asked his family to burn the manuscript. But neither his wife, Vera, and his son dared to burn, according to Dimitri, could be "the most brilliant novel of my father, the most concentrated distillation of his creativity." Still, since in 1991 Dimitri's mother died and this happened to manage the legacy of the writer, has threatened several times to meet the latest author's will. "My father did not want any unfinished disturb his memory," he said after the British newspaper The Times in an email interview. In the same interview he was asked why he did not burn himself if Vladimir Nabokov's work was so sure of wanting its destruction: "I was in a hurry to go and did not know how many days left to live. If I'd known maybe I would have burned himself "Dimitri said then. DECISION
sharp
Anyway, it seems that the new decision is sharp and, although some voices have called for the destruction of the work because it is an unfinished piece - between including the own cousin of Dmitri, Ivan Nabokov editor, and one of the author's biographer, Brian Boyd - were most lovers of literature calling for its publication and had spent years pleading with the son of writer who does not burn . Many wielded examples of great works that have been published despite the final wishes of their authors to defend the publication of the mysterious Laura . This is the case of Kafka, who also asked his friend Max Brod to burn his work luckily this petition decided to disobey. It only remains to be seen whether the great unfinished work which they speak of who have read it and if it was worth the wait.
De Newspaper .
You might have "burned the manuscript? I do not know if I had dared ... Brod is the dilemma with Kafka (neither the burn).
0 comments:
Post a Comment