Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Corporal Punishment In Mainstream Movies

will reading on paper? Ozymandias



The new fashion gadget called Kindle. It is a wireless device that can read books on a screen. Supposedly, this last is best: help download up to 200 books and weighs the same as a paperback. Low screen resolution, so as not to tire the eye. Includes the ability to mark certain passages, even write notes. Price: $ 400 (although certainly lower).

The only advantage I see the Kindle is its use on long trips. When you have to take many readings, and all weigh on our backs. I'm not the Bibliophile type radical, but it is true that the feel of a book, the smell of a new book purchased (or old) and the fact of turning pages by hand is something that can not be imitated (and what I can not do without). In addition, the Kindle does not tell us whether the person beside us on the train reading the "Brand" or "War and Peace." Prevent these moments of recognition between two people who read the same book, as shown in this beautiful cover of New Yorker :



What do you think of Kindle? "I would buy? Do you prefer paper or screen?

0 comments:

Post a Comment