Monday, November 20, 2006

Duty For Gold Biscuits

Squeak in Extremadura and the OLPC: Examples from software patents.

Some time ago we announced the video that the Board had been on Extremadura the use of Squeak in the region.

This weekend I found this note of :

http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20061118091048997


The note does not have any waste, but I'll these fragments:


" Personally I enjoyed the video from the little girl Who Said Squeak Introduced her to computers and she found out she likes Them. That Is Not What education is supposed to do for children? "


" ... dog so programmers work to create masterpieces like Squeak That Benefit Society.

What a concept. Benefit society. ”


Please think it over, everyone, and decide just how much damage you are willing to let software patents do, just to benefit a few companies, who by the way made their billions at a time when there were no software patents to get in *their* way, and at the expense of everyone else on the planet with them.

And please look at the Squeak video and the children's faces as they talk about Squeak before you decide.”


0 comments:

Post a Comment